“Your life is already artful—waiting, just waiting, for you to make it art.” ―Toni Morrison
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”―Albert Einstein
"How can you know God if you don’t know your big toe?" ―BKS Iyengar
The essays in this forthcoming book have appeared in published form and/or recognized as follows:
- “Little Brides of Christ” appeared in A Woman Like That: Lesbian and Bisexual Writers Tell Their Coming Out Stories, edited by Joan Larkin, (New York; Avon, 1999).
- “Blind Edge,” appeared in Women on the Verge, edited by Susan Fox Rogers, (New York: St. Martin’s, 1999) and was originally titled “The Rest of the Party.”
- Excerpts from “God is a Lesbian” appeared in The Chronicle of Higher Education, in December 2008.
- “Third Sister” appeared as “Seven Sacraments in The Milk of Almonds: Italian American Women Writers on Food and Culture, edited by Edvige Giunta and Louise DeSalvo, (The Feminist Press, 2002) and was excerpted in Body & Soul Magazine as “The Food of Faith and Love.”
- “Four Days in Silence (Or, Get Me To A Nunnery)" was a finalist for a New Millennium Writings Award, and the basis for a writing grant from the Sherwood Anderson Foundation, originally titled, “Four Days in Silence, Or Get Me To The Nunnery”
- “This Comes Next” appeared in Life in Provincetown Magazine (LIP), 2002.
- “An Auspicious Day—May 17, 2004” was a runner-up for the Laura Coen Pizer Award and appeared in Italian American Writers under the title “Italian Bride” (New York: Creative Nonfiction, 2004).
- “What Gets Passed On” appeared in the New York Times Modern Love Column, December 11, 2011 as “What Wasn’t Passed On.”